Here you can get a sneak peek at my future plans for The Desert Colossus. I figure, rather than writing a series of "what to do next" editorials, I'll keep a constantly updated page with that is, more or less, my to-do list for the site. Enjoy!
Last Updated September 2, 2006
|In 72 Hours
These are the new features and changes first in line. Please note I've ordered them to show which ones I intend to do first, second, third, etc.
Future Compendium Articles
- The Four Giants
- Real-world Religious Symbology in the Zelda series
- The "Old" Hylian alphabet of OoT
- Examining the ruins of Greatfish Isle
- Add category images to blog entries
Preview Game Guides mega-upgrades
- Twilight Princess (add more to characters, add locations page, add tribes page, add items page, add more game info to first page and format it like other guides)
- Phantom Hourglass (add characters, add islands page, add items page, add multiplayer page, add more game info to first page and format it like other guides)
- Rupee Land (add characters page, add more game info to first page and format it like other guides)
- Welcome page
|Seven Years From Now
A hop, skip, and a jump away, but still going to be some time.
Overhaul the Game Guides — I took an unscientific poll amongst the forum members and everyone consistently revealed that the game guides are not meeting expectations. Therefore, the whole thing is going through a gigantic overhaul. Here are the details:
- Top images. Sure this is pure eye candy business, but each top image will be changed for each game guide so it matches the game. That is, the Zelda 1 guide will have an image from Zelda 1 at the top, and so on.
LoZ. New sections: Hidden Moblin Locations, Lost Woods, Lost Hills, the 3 Swords, Door Repair Spots, The Power Bracelet and Warp Stairs, Fairy Fountains, Shop Locations, Casino Locations.
AoL. New sections: P-Bag locations, Fairy Locations, Town Guide.
- aLttP. New sections: Fortunes, The Riddle Quest (of GBA version), Secrets, Talking Trees, Zora Water Warps, Warp Tile Locations, Shop Locations.
- LA. New sections: separate Trading Sequence and Golden Leaves pages, Mad Batter Well Locations, Photos.
- OoT. New sections: Fairy Fountain Locations, separate pages for Bottles, Biggoron's Sword, and Masks, Big Poe locations, and Magic Bean soft soil locations.
- MM. New sections: separate page for Kafei and Anju, secrets, Skulltula Houses. Update guide so it doesn't stink of preview content.
- OoS. New sections: Rings descriptions.
- OoA. New sections: secrets, rings.
- TWW. New sections: collectable items, separate page for the trading sequence, figurines guide, charts/other charts,
- FS/FSA. Finish Tingle's Tower page.
|After the Flood
These are off on the distance, and should not be expected anytime soon.
Cartoon Guide — I started this a while back but never finished. Considering the cartoon is now on DVD, now is as good a time as any!
Hyrule RPG — Overhaul and clean up the first five episodes and finish the last three.